Population below poverty line: 54.4% (2015 est.)
Definition: National estimates of the percentage of the population falling below the poverty line are based on surveys of sub-groups, with the results weighted by the number of people in each group. Definitions of poverty vary considerably among nations. For example, rich nations generally employ more generous standards of poverty than poor nations.
Source: CIA World Factbook - This page was last updated on Saturday, September 18, 2021See Also
- Population below poverty line by year chart
- Population below poverty line rank chart
- Population below poverty line - comparative map
- Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) (% of population) - thematic map - World Bank indicator
- Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) (% of population) - country comparison - World Bank indicator