Population below poverty line: 37% (2002 est.)
Definition: National estimates of the percentage of the population falling below the poverty line are based on surveys of sub-groups, with the results weighted by the number of people in each group. Definitions of poverty vary considerably among nations. For example, rich nations generally employ more generous standards of poverty than poor nations.
Source: CIA World Factbook - This page was last updated on June 30, 2015See Also
- Population below poverty line by year chart
- Population below poverty line rank chart
- Population below poverty line - comparative map
- Poverty headcount ratio at $1.25 a day (PPP) (% of population) - thematic map - World Bank indicator
- Poverty headcount ratio at $1.25 a day (PPP) (% of population) - country comparison - World Bank indicator